Monday, August 17, 2009

Hammer Argues with the IRS

» by moguldom   Aug 14 2009, 10:29 am

Permanent Link to MC Hammer Disputes IRS Claims

As Hip-Hop Wired previously reported, MC Hammer seems to be having some new issues with the IRS. Well Hammer has come out disputing reports that he owes Uncle Sam about $625,000 in back taxes and says that the money he allegedly owes is from 15 years ago when he had his initial financial problems with the government. Hammer stated,

"I paid the IRS 100 percent of their claim. In the past year or so, they decided--wrongly--that I owed them additional taxes from 15 years ago. I am contesting this claim through my tax attorneys and my case is making its way through the IRS appeal process. I hope to be successful."

Hammer is currently being featured on More

No comments: